Monday, February 28, 2011

Photo Assignment #6: Light Painting!

For our sixth photo assignment, I chose to try light painting.  I had been holding off on trying this technique, but I was really intrigued by how adjusting camera settings, light sources, objects, etc. affected the picture.  I really enjoyed the process of figuring out what worked and what didn't.  We got this light painting demo a while ago, so it was good to review the technique and use everyday objects- books as a tripod, shoes, my guitar, etc. to develop a cool picture.
My main challenge in shooting for light painting was supplying just the right amount of light in the right way to achieve the effect i was looking for.  I went for a couple different techniques, but I really liked my best picture in which the light almost looked like wisps of wind blowing through.  Another challenge was eliminating digital noise.
My best picture is of my guitar.  I ended up taking it into black and white, one to eliminate digital noise, and also because of the contrast of the guitar.  I really liked how the light has movement, and also how the light reflects in the shiny part of the guitar.
ISO: 200 Aperture: f/2.8 Shutter Speed: 15 seconds


No comments:

Post a Comment