Monday, February 14, 2011

Photo Assignment #4: MACRO!

For our fourth photo assignment, I chose to shoot for macro.  This week, I think I met the most challenges I have in any assignment thus far.  Getting the camera settings just right, adjusting aperture, light, where I held the camera, etc. proved to be a lot more difficult than I thought it would be.  About 90% of what I shot this week was blurry, I got pretty frustrated.  I had used  a DSLR on Friday in class which was a great deal easier to capture pictures of, so going home and trying to take macro pictures with my own camera was extremely hard.  My main concern was getting the object in focus that was supposed to be in focus.  The camera would always focus slightly behind my point of interest.  I had to learn to back away from the object just enough so that I captured the detail of the picture, but also had a clear photograph.
The best photo is my picture of the fire alarm.  I had to take the photograph to Gimp and use the clone tool to get rid of a finger print that somehow mad it into the picture.  It was a challenge to clone the exact shades of red on the fire alarm.  Over all I'm content with the final picture.  It was a great experience being able to use a DSLR and have that extra quality.  I was surprised it turned out so well because I didn't have a tripod, I just had to lean up against the wall for support and use the large aperture (small f#.)  I think this picture demonstrates good quality and focus in the correct area with a small depth of field.
Technical Info:
ISO  400, Aperture: f/4, Shutter Speed: 1/60

No comments:

Post a Comment