Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Photo Assignment #5: ARCHITECTURE

For our fifth photo assignment, I chose to capture photos of architecture.  I went downtown Saline and embraced the frigid weather and fresh snow.  For the number of times I've been downtown, I've never really stopped to admire the beauty of our town.  It really is something.  I felt very at home.  My main goal was just looking for interesting perspectives of buildings and such that we've all driven by countless times.  
One of the greatest challenges of mine was the light.  I shot pictures on a super sunny day, so most of my photos looked overly bright.  I had to take each one into gimp and do a levels adjustment which greatly improved the quality of my pictures.  Despite the cool air, the sky and sunshine were beautiful and it was great being outside.
My best picture is of a church in downtown Saline.  I loved the deep red of the brick against the blue sky.  I did do a levels adjustment on the sky by itself because it was slightly more gray then I wanted.  I also cloned out a branch or two that was distracting to the overall photograph.  I love the rustic feeling of the brick and the lines of the church as well, kind of an older feeling.  Before yesterday, I hadn't taken a second look at this building, but it turned out being a work of art!
ISO: 200 Aperture: f/8 Shutter Speed: 1/200


No comments:

Post a Comment