Monday, January 24, 2011

Photo Assignment 1: NATURE

For our first photo assignment, I chose to capture pictures of nature.  We were asked to take pictures that reflected the atmosphere we live in.  It was bitter cold over the weekend while taking my pictures, but I couldn't resist the sun reflecting on the snow and the brilliant clear blue sky.  It was absolutely breath taking.  I enjoyed venturing out into my back woods where I haven't been since I was a kid.  Although my fingers were frozen by the end, my experience outdoors opened my eyes to how beautiful winter really can be.

I really learned to use the natural light of the out doors to enhance the quality of my pictures, and adjust  the settings of the camera to develop the best pictures.  It was awesome to finally be able to apply the knowledge we gained in class...and actually see the differences in the pictures!  When I shot my first pictures, all of them were white.  I was able to turn the ISO to the lowest setting on our cameras and started getting more quality pictures.

My best photo was shot from my deck.  I spotted a forgotten wind chime dangling in the cold with part of the woods in the background.  I shot using a large aperture, so the depth of field was small which put the wind chime in focus and slightly blurred the tress in the background.  The sunshine reflecting off the metal of the chime and the amazing blue sky really helps this photo stand out.




Technical Info:
-ISO 80
-Aperture: f/2.6
-Shutter Speed: 1/320


2 comments:

  1. These are all great photos, good composition and well in focus. However I am unsure about your best photo fitting into the "nature" category for grading. But it is a nice picture none the less.

    ReplyDelete