Monday, March 7, 2011

Photo Assignment #7: Shadows and Light

For our FINAL photo assignment, I decided to shoot pictures that showcased shadows and light. I learned to move objects back and forth to both enlarge and shrink shadows, and also to work with the sun which creates great natural shadows. My main challenge was getting a good balance between light, the object and its shadows. I feel like I put it all together for this last assignment. I was constantly adjusting shutter speed, aperture, and ISO without thinking twice. It was easier to take quality pictures the first time. And even Gimp, the editing has become easier...finally(:

I took a wide variety of pictures, venturing both around the house and outside, but my best photograph ended up being of the shadows my backyard. I stood on my deck and the sun was creating these beautiful shadows in the snow. I thought there was a good balance between the dark trees and bright snow. I did a levels adjustment due to the very bright sunlight and to bring out the shadows a little more. The picture was simple, yet the detail of it is so prominent.

ISO: 80
Shutter Speed: 1/1600
Aperture: f/2.8



No comments:

Post a Comment